Advising Office: LGRT 1521E
- Matthew Dobson, Chief Undergraduate Advisor
- Garret Cahill, Associate Chief Undergraduate Advisor
- Jacob Lagerstrom, Academic Advisor
- Kaitlyn O’Konis, Academic Advisor
Appointments: Log into Navigate to make an appointment for a meeting (virtual or in-person) with one of the advisors listed above.
In-Person Advising: Appointments can be made through Navigate. Walk-ins will be accepted if there are no appointments, or between appointments.
In LGRT 1521E:
- Tuesdays, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Garret Cahill
- Tuesdays, 2:00 - 4:00 pm: Matthew Dobson
- Wednesdays, 2:00 - 4:00 pm: Matthew Dobson
- Fridays, 9:00 - 10:00 am: Garret Cahill
In LGRT 1521C:
In LGRT 1521G:
Peer Advising: Mathematics and Statistics Peer Advisors are now available for in-person or virtual meetings. Please see the schedule and more info posted here.
Questions? Students may email specific questions to Academic Advisors Jacob Lagerstrom or Kaitlyn O’Konis, the Chief Undergraduate Advisor, Matthew Dobson, or the Associate Chief Undergraduate Advisor, Garret Cahill.
Becoming a Math Major: First, review the Major requirements and concentrations, then:
- Declare Math as your primary Major: Make an appointment through Navigate.
- Declare a secondary Major in Math: Read the Minor and Secondary Major page and then make an appointment through Navigate
All current UMass students must declare a concentration upon entry to the Math major. Existing Majors who entered as Freshmen will be asked to select a concentration before the registration period for their third semester, but are welcome and encouraged to select one earlier. To add or change a concentration, or to select a second concentration, please email Jacob Lagerstrom.
Criteria for Admission to the Major: There are no specific criteria for admission, but Majors should be aware that a C or better is needed in Math 132 in order to take certain upper level courses required for the Major.