Advising Office: LGRT 1521E
- Matthew Dobson, Chief Undergraduate Advisor
- Garret Cahill, Associate Chief Undergraduate Advisor
- Jacob Lagerstrom, Academic Advisor
- Kaitlyn O’Konis, Academic Advisor
In-Person Advising: Appointments can be made through Navigate. Walk-ins will be accepted if there are no appointments, or between appointments. Masks are required for in-person meetings.
In LGRT 1521E:
- Mondays, 1:30 - 2:30 pm: Garret Cahill
- Tuesdays, 1:00 - 3:00 pm: Matthew Dobson
- Wednesdays, 10:00 - 11:00 am: Garret Cahill
- Wednesdays, 2:00 - 3:00 pm: Matthew Dobson
In LGRT 1521C:
Questions? Students may email specific questions to Academic Advisors Jacob Lagerstrom or Kaitlyn O’Konis, the Chief Undergraduate Advisor, Matthew Dobson, or the Associate Chief Undergraduate Advisor, Garret Cahill.
Becoming a Math Major: First, review the Major requirements and concentrations, then:
- Declare Math as your primary Major: Make an appointment through Navigate.
- Declare a secondary Major in Math: Read the Minor and Secondary Major page and then make an appointment through Navigate
All current UMass students must declare a concentration upon entry to the Math major. Existing Majors who entered as Freshmen will be asked to select a concentration before the registration period for their third semester, but are welcome and encouraged to select one earlier. To add or change a concentration, or to select a second concentration, please email Jacob Lagerstrom.
Criteria for Admission to the Major: There are no specific criteria for admission, but Majors should be aware that a C or better is needed in Math 132 in order to take certain upper level courses required for the Major.