- Association for Women in Mathematics. Please contact AWM email to be added to the mailing list.
- Gamma Iota Sigma functions as the department's Actuarial Club. The chapter was formed in March 2016. See the Actuarial Club webpage.
- Math Club hosts weekly talks by students and faculty.
- The Math Teaching club holds events for students interested in teaching math in secondary schools.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates. Paid summer research opportunities.
- TRIPODS REU. The Institute for Theoretical Foundations of Data
Science at UMass has a Research Experiences for Undergraduates program
this summer. Students will work individually or in small groups on a project
directed by a faculty mentor.
- William Lee Science Impact Program (Lee-SIP) is a new college-level program aimed at getting sophomores involved in research.
- Scholarships and Awards for Mathematics and Statistics Undergraduates
- Scholarship for Service/Cybercorps. Earn full tuition and a generous stipend in exchange for working for the government in cybersecurity after graduation. Three math majors have participated in this program over the past two years.
- Math and Stat and related challenges
- Putnam Exam. The exam is held each December across the US and Canada. Students have the option to prepare for the exam by taking the 1-credit course Math 491A, where interesting math is taught, along with problem solving skills. In 2017, UMass placed 46th out of 575 colleges and universities. Congratulations to Alexander Fischer, James Hagborg, Patrick Lei and Artem Vysogorets!
- Math Competition. Held each spring, this competition is open to all Freshmen and Sophomores on campus.
- Five College DataFest. Congrats to math majors Ryan Cox, Ilina Shah, and Kristina Yamkovoy for their team winning Best in Show and to Diana Hansen for her team winning Best in Group A.
- Hack(her)thon: hackathon and career fair.
- Math-related work on campus