Fall 2019 pre-registration for Spring 2020 classes
- Students who would like to request an override into most upper-level courses 390 and higher should use this link.
- You should now see your Enrollment Appointment on the right-side of your Student Center page in Spire. Click on the details to find your exact enrollment time.
- An advising hold (with start date 10/17) has been placed on ALL primary Math majors. No holds are placed by our department on secondary majors.
- If you have a Primary Program Advisor listed on your Student Center page in Spire, you will meet with your advisor during the week of October 28 and the advisor will release the hold. You advisor should contact you by October 21 with his or her advising schedule.
- If you are graduating in February, you do not need to meet with an advisor, but we encourage you to touch base with your advisor later in the semester.
Advising Office: LGRT 1521E is open during these times.
Becoming a Math Major: Students wishing to major in Mathematics should stop by 1521E for information. Students interested in math as a secondary major or the dual degree should first read the Minor and Secondary Major page.
Criteria for Admission to the Major: Students need to meet with Jacob Lagerstrom before being admitted to the major (drop in whenever the office is open, see above). Students who hold junior year status or higher will also have to meet with the Chief Undergraduate Advisor Eric Sommers before being admitted to the major. There are no specific criteria for admission, other than the ability to complete the major in a reasonable timeframe. Majors should, however, be aware that a C or better is needed in Math 132 in order to take certain upper level courses required for the major. Students will need to declare a concentration upon joining the major.
Interested in the Minor? Students wishing to minor in math should consult the Minor and Secondary Major page. Direct any questions about the minor to Garret Cahill or visit his advising hours (see below).
Drop-in advising: All students are welcome to walk-in advising hours or to drop by the office when it is open and meet with Jacob.
|Monday||11:00 AM - Noon||Eric Sommers||LGRT 1521E|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 11:30 AM||Garret Cahill||LGRT 1521E|
|Wednesday||9:30 - 10:45 AM||Garret Cahill||LGRT 1521E|
|Wednesday||2:30 - 3:30 PM||Eric Sommers||LGRT 1521E|